Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Hello on Two

The interview was held today at Hello on Two over RTM2. Since it was the school holidays, I brought no. 2 along so she could see how the interview was done. She also took these nice photos.

There was supposed to be three authors, Mohana Gill, May Zhee and me. The angle was women writing at different age groups. However, May Zhee couldn't make it and it was just the two of us. Somehow without May Zhee (she wrote Vanitee Bee at 15), the angle just sort of got sidelined and we talked at length about our books instead of just writing. Mohana who's in her sixties, started writing just last year whereas I started in my thirties. Naturally she thinks I've got a headstart on her and I think the same way of May Zhee.

Mohana has published two books, Fruitastic and Vegemania. Recently she won an Gourmand Wold Cookbook Awards 2006. Fruitastic!, released in March last year, won the award in the Best Single Subject Cookbook and Best Nutrition and Health Cookbook category. Congratulations, Mohana!



Look at the paper bags on the floor. Aren't they beautiful and attention grabbing? It's not cheap to make them. It's RM5 a piece! Next time I should make some of these (home-made ones-lah) for my tv appearances. They make fantastic visuals. My book is completely overwhelmed by Mohana's paperbags and books.







(L-R) Producer Khatijah, compere Soraya Ghazalie, Yen Nee, me and Zamil Idris, compere (ex-Malaysian Idol 1 finalist).

6 comments:

May Zhee said...

Wow, your No.2 takes really nice photos!

Yeap, I saw the show. The hosts were more interested in the books and the authors. =)

Lydia Teh said...

May Zhee, thanks! Too bad you couldn't make it!

zewt said...

oh wow... going on TV already.. :)

Lydia Teh said...

zewt, every bit of promotion helps to sell the books :)

Tunku Halim said...

Very colourful set...congratulations! You going to make paper bags too?

Lydia Teh said...

Tunku Halim, maybe... Or perhaps I'll borrow the standee from MPH.