Thursday, September 08, 2005

Addendum to meme : Olympic & ILM

Aisay, I forgot to include in the meme two important milestones that happened in 2004 and 2005. I'm adding them here.

2004

I was an Olympic torch-runner, yaba-yaba-doo! Samsung sponsored five of us Famemas members to the beautiful island of Crete to carry the Olympic torch. We won the trip in a contest. Accompanying us on the trip were five sports luminaries who had been chosen via public votes : Datuk Dr. M. Jegathesan, Datuk Soh Chin Aun, Nicol David, Wong Choon Hann and Nurul Huda Abdullah as well as a group of Samsung dealers/distributors who had won the trip as an incentive.

That was a once-in-a-lifetime event. I remember that sunny day in July, up on the winding mountain road, the cliff on one side, the sea on the other and this ordinary Malaysian with no sporting experience whatsoever was actually running with the Olympic torch. I floated like a helium balloon during that 120-metre run. Sigh.


2005

This January I started a weekly column in our church bulletin. I write short articles on Christian living for the column called In Light Manner. If you're checking out our website, don't be startled when a song floated out of nowhere. Our webmaster has uploaded a hymn which automatically plays when the site is accessed. It's a beautiful hymn.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ya,

My name is Lydia Teh too, but I guess you're really famous becuase one or 2 people have come up asking i'm i'm THE Lydia who's a writer from Malaysia. ;)

Interesting blog you've got, will visit often :)

God Bless,
:Lyd

Kak Teh said...

hehe - lydia -there's another you here. and btw - how la can you forget such an important occassion as being a torch rnner and in Crete! me suspect that this meme thingy is trying to sort out those of us whose memory is failing and then start selling gynko to us!

Lydia Teh said...

Lydia Teh from Singapore, Hi! Actually I did stumble upon your blog too (you know how lah, wink wink). Just left a comment on your blog, kindly check it out. One or two people who asked you if you were me, doesn't mean I'm famous. One thousand people ask, maybe lah :)

Kak Teh, You're so right. I read somewhere that each time you give birth, your memory capacity decreases. But you don't have that problem do you? Hey, I just realised I missed out the last two questions in the meme, Next year and Ten years' time. Aiyo, my otak is getting reaallly leaky. Anyway, not a very forward looking kinda person.

Anonymous said...

hi lydia
good fun, the meme. started me thinking of stuff which may have been left rotting in the brain....feeling pretty cool now. ;-) will visit often....

***maya***

Lydia Teh said...

Maya, nice to see you here. Rot in the brain is best scraped out onto blogs so that the grey matter can regenerate. Hope I'm making sense.